Neighborhood Council Bylaws
The interim bylaws provide a framework for Founding Board to:
- Be agile in making “small” decisions
- Seek Membership buy-in and approval of “large” decisions
- Express opinions and positions publically
- Ratify permanent bylaws
- Negotiate with third parties
- Receive and disburse funds
- Avoid conflicts of interest
Open to all stakeholders over 16, has voting rights in elections of the Founding Board. Also votes to approve bylaws, and Community Benefits Agreements
15-member Board empowered by the Membership to negotiate on behalf of the Neighborhood, negotiate Community Benefits, disburse funds, provide recommendations and speak on behalf of the USNC.
See Elections page to learn about founding board composition.
Download the June 10, 2017 bylaws here: usnc-interim-bylaws-06-10-17.pdf