Built Environment Committee
The Built Environment Committee will have a busy fall. We have before us the Union Square Redevelopment, the zoning overhaul, and work on a creating comprehensive design that takes into consideration the adjacent neighborhoods and future development of Boynton Yards.
We are looking for designers and city planners especially to join the committee, and all those who care about how Union Square will be developed.
- Influence the design and construction of the built environment and public realm.
- Promote, create and steward a livable, inviting, vibrant, multimodal and sustainable city.
- Analyze and interpret use and design.
- Ensure that implementation plans are in accordance with our expectations laid out in SomerVision, the Neighborhood Plan, the Master Developer’s Plan, the zoning, covenant, and other pertinent city documents.
- Review projects, coordinate feedback and be a point of interaction with relevant municipal boards, committees and commissions, Including, but not limited to, the Board of Aldermen, the Planning Board, Office of Strategic Planning and Development, the Zoning Board of Appeals, the Historic Preservation Commission, and Conservation Commission.
- Give presentations, produce alternative designs and solicit advice from the community at large as well as draw on the expertise of local architects, urban planners and designers.