Novel Coronavirus Resources
last updated March 20, 2020
Here are links to information from various sources concerning COVID-19 and what you can do to protect yourself and your household. Please use the contact form on this site to suggest additional resources you feel belong on this page.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- National Health Service (NHS) - COVID-19 guidance (United Kingdom)
- City of Somerville - Novel Coronavirus Preparedness and Information
- WBUR Radio (90.9 mHz from Boston University) COVID-19 Resources
- Senator Ed Markey's resources page
- Mutual Aid Medford and Somerville
- Infectious Disease Specialist Answers Questions on COVID-19
- Truths and myths: What can and can't protect you against COVID-19
- A one-page, printable guide for preparing to shelter at home
- A lab pushed for early coronavirus tests, but U.S. officials said no
(This story of a Seattle phsician doing flu research, who could have begun effective COVID-19 testing weeks before the CDC came out with its own flawed ones, is referred to in the BBC audio report (Why did the USA fail...) linked below.)
Audio / Video Presentations
- BBC - The Inquiry - Why did the USA fail in its initial coronavirus response? (audio)
It’s a failing, let's admit it’ says Dr Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. What’s America been getting wrong?
- Confronting Coronavirus -- A PBS NewsHour Special (begins at 6m40s)
What should you do if you have symptoms?
If you are less than 50 years old and otherwise healthy, just stay home and take care of yourself — and don't go to hospital.